kahler 3300: still avaliable ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kahler 3300: still avaliable ?

hi guys... i dont know if this is the right place to be but i am little confused right now

is kahler still selling the 3300 in black chrome ?? it says silver chrome only in their website. if it is where can i find it ?

http://www.wammiworld.com/

7330 is exactly the same thing as 3300 in black chrome for less than half the price.

where are you going to mount it?

Comment

hi secks,

actually i recently bought a ke1. it is in mint condition. only with one trade. witch is the bridge. on of its fine tunnin machinery is broken. first i tought i can change the part then i realized that if i buy those parts (wich costs 21 $ total) i am gonna have to pay for the shipping wich costs 20 $ more/less. 40 bucks is lot of money just for some little tremolo parts. so i decided may be it is viser to change the bridge.

Comment

obur tarafa gel konusalim, benim eski ke1'i almissin tavsiyelerim var sana

Comment

ok tamam abi geldim. geç oldu biraz pardon.

*for those trying to understand the language its turkish. sorry for interrupting

Comment

Why don't you Turkeys get a room

Just Kidding. Lots of Turkish JCFers. That's pretty cool. Outside of US, Australia, Canada, UK, and Norway, Turkey may have the next largest JCF population. I think you guys outnumber the Japanese and maybe even Germans here!

I got nothing on Kahler parts though. I'll bet you could make out ok parting out your Kahler after you buy a new one.
            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Noluyo lan burda?

I got a sh*tload of 3310 parts off the Kahler website a few years back. Wasn't that expensive and now I've got enoguh parts to last me a lifetime with my ke1. Try it? Noo? Ok?

Oh, I think this is the Turkey room now
              Last edited by levantin; 09-17-2007, 05:24 PM.
              I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

l

evantin i understand that the parts you ordered in the old times is cheaper than now. but come on man they demand 5$ just for a darn piece of metal. its is really small. the fine tuning head costs 7$. it is redicilous.

Comment

Such a badass bridge!

Comment

Iste geldim burdayim...Ben bu iste ustayim

I think this is the bit where the rest of the JCFers find out that i'm Turkish as well
                    If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

Originally posted by secks View Post
                      http://www.wammiworld.com/

7330 is exactly the same thing as 3300 in black chrome for less than half the price.

where are you going to mount it?
                      It's pretty close, anyway. Both the 7330 and the 3300 have brass saddles. However, the 7330 is stamped instead of milled, and has the "Hybrid" logo on it. It's a great bridge. I recently did a build with a 7330 if you want more detail:

http://www.axewielder.com/King%20V%2...%20Machine.htm

Comment

oh god thanks man ! i was looking for you actually. i wanted to ask you that where did you buy that 3300. but i am ok now thanks. so is that 7330 works for you? i mean is it qualified enough to replace an old 3300?

Comment

and forgive me but .. what does that stamped/milled thing means? my english is good but not that good.

Comment

If money is no option for you and you really want a 3300, you are going to pay twice as much for the vintage parts. Functionally, they are identical. The 7330 is well made, and made in the USA. Milled parts are more expensive because they start with a block of steel and machine and mill it down to size. I said stamped earlier, but I meant to say cast (a mold is used). Milled parts might be a bit more precise, while cast parts are smoother. Also, your only choice with the 7XXX bridge is brass saddles. If you must have steel saddles, you'll need to find a vintage 3310.

Comment

Also, the 3300 and the 7330 have an identical mounting hole pattern, so the 7330 can function as a drop-in replacement for the 3300 or 3310.

Comment

Working...
                              X