No announcement yet.

Neck through, What happens when........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck through, What happens when........

I am wondering what happens when a neck-through guitar neck gets out of whack. When you sight-line the neck and the frets are off-track, how do you remedy this? If I find a neck-through model and the neck ain't straight, what do I do? With a bolt-on, there is all kinds of ways to fix it or chuck-it.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Re: Neck through, What happens when........

I believe it can be steamed and clamped so that it's straight.
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Dry heat can also be used. Here is a thread I was reading recently that went into it a bit. It doesn't specifically address neckthroughs, but Sully posted a pic of his Firebird project that needed the heat press to correct a twist.

Comment

A neck through can be adjusted exactly the same as a bolt on or a glued in neck. The truss rod doesn't "know" what kind of neck it resides in! Having said that, there are times when a neck through design can be a problem, but in all the years of C/J collecting I've never encountered what I think you're asking about.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

If it twists slightly, a fretboard planing and refret will fix it.

I don't believe any of the heating methods will do any more than a temporary fix.

Comment

Working...
          X