Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My neck pickups is not working

Hello, I havent been here for long now. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Hello to everybody again. I am looking forward to post here more often [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    I have bought a DKMG but the neck pickup is not working. When i turn the switch on the middle position it sounds the same as on the bridge position. What should i do now? The guitar has stock emg hz pickups. Can they be the problem?

I hope you can help because i love this guitar and i dont want it be broken.

Re: My neck pickups is not working

Have you switched it to the neck position?

If you get sound clearly your pickup is not broken.

Porblem could be poor wiring.

Comment

If it's stock and has a blade switch, then open the control cavity and see if the pickup is at least connected.

Usually you will find 8 connector pins.

Look at this improvised diagram:

"o" is representing and unused pin, while "-" is representing two pins connected together.

The H/H switch should be connected like this:

o - - - o

You can connect two pins with a piece of a wire.
      Then, on the right there should be bridge pickup connected, the middle goes to the volume pot, and the left piece is for the neck pickup.

I am not saying this is your problem, but it could be.

Comment

the other guitarest for my band has a jackson king v (kvx10) and his neck pickup started to get really weak and go in and out and then stopped working. it turner out that his switch was wore out. he put a new one in and it works perfectly. check to see if your switch is wore out,or if there are any loose wires. good luck.

matt

Comment

immortal i think thats the issue. My brother checked if the switch is wire as you have said and two connections are missing (the left and the middle one). Should we connect that together?

Comment

Originally posted by Pavla:
            Should we connect that together?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes.

Comment

Working...
            X