Mod Nightmares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod Nightmares

I took a lot of flack from some veteran forum members for my trem adventure and in reading their replies I began to wonder what rough experiences they've gone through.

So guys, if you've done a job that wasn't as easy as you thought it would be I'd love to hear about it.

dude, none of it is really easy unless you've done to the point where you've F'ed it up in pretty much every way imaginalble. When you know everything not to do, things are a sinch.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Mmmm, let's see...

-The first guitar I ever built, I routed the pickup hole way too far away from the bridge. It sounded awful.

-I had to enlarge some tuner holes once, so being lazy, I used a hand drill instead of the press. The drill bit snagged, and took a huge chunk out of the face of the headstock.

-Cutting slots in bone nuts, I often used to get overzealous with my nut file, and end up cutting way too deep.

I'm sure there are many other fuckups that I can't remember. Most of them are due to impatience or laziness. If you learn to doublecheck EVERYTHING 3 times before acting, you'll save yourself a lot of frustration and heartache. Also, it's rarely worth it to take shortcuts and do things the easy way rather than the proper way.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

two words

ORANGE PEEL
        Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
        Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

2 more words...... DUPLICOLOR PAINT

I could peel it off with my fingernails even months after it was painted.
          "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
          The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

i can't tell you how many times i had to take the bridge of off my bass, because i forgot to put the ground wire under it!
            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by solidstatesman View Post
              I took a lot of flack from some veteran forum members for my trem adventure and in reading their replies I began to wonder what rough experiences they've gone through.

So guys, if you've done a job that wasn't as easy as you thought it would be I'd love to hear about it.
              I'm not sure what you are talking about, but my first axe I've hacked up from a pearl white 3 single coils vintage trem into a single hum tiger with a Kahler Killer trem. I sunk the neck pocket and angled it back as well. I did all this back in the 1980's before there was an internet to tell me what to do or what not to do.

This axe (an Aria Pro II) is still a killer player and one of my favorite axes to rip out some George Lynch or Armored Saint

Comment

Working...
              X