Ferrules??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferrules??

Allparts is a better bet for guitar parts than Stew Mac. Stew Mac is more tool-oriented.
    Allparts

Re: Ferrules??

Thanks guys the ones I would like are like what are on this Jackson web page Kammo1 [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

The fronts are actually called eyelets. Good luck finding them! I needed a black one last year for one of my string-thru Dinkies... what an ordeal that was trying to find. My last contact was Kevin Easton; luckily he had some and sent me the one for free! See if he's got any more. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ferrules??

Hi guys just would like to know as to whether any of you guys have or know where I can buy some string ferrules for a guitar I'm making.
        What I would like are the ones that are fitted to the front of the guitar exactly like the Jackson ones have the nice neat small type. I have the ones for the back but cannot for the life of me find any for the front so maybe you guys can help a bro out as I would be most greatful. Cheers!! Kammo1 [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey Kammo I have a set of these from my RR7 they are chrome satin I have the set for the front & back.

Comment

stewart mac donald bro www.stewmac.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ace:
              Allparts is a better bet for guitar parts than Stew Mac. Stew Mac is more tool-oriented.
              Allparts
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have a couple of Stew Mac catalogs, and they do have a very wide selection of parts too.
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

you'll not find eyelets from warmoth, stewmac, or allparts. i got a set from kev easton, and i forget who else. i know that gmw has them, tho.

sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Thanks guys for your help. I e-mailed Kev at Easton Guitars and he hasn't had any for well over a month or more and doesn't know when he will be able to find them again. I'll try e-mailing GMW and see if they have any for sale as I'm looking for 7 as I'm making a custom 7 string guitar but do need these eyelets. Cheers! Kammo1 [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

i remember talkin to kev about it, and he knew of a place he could get them, but you'd have to import them. i'll talk to him about it because this could also potentially be something that you could get from jackson themselves....?

sully
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Cheers guys well if you happen to find them please let me know as I'm sure maybe other guys might need them as well. Kammo1 [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
                        this could also potentially be something that you could get from jackson themselves....?

sully
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't know. When I was trying to locate one last year, I had the guitar over at WarriorX7's house for some work. He got in contact with Jackson and he said they were basically no help. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
                        I believe he said ESP also had them and seemed like they wanted to help a little more but was waiting for someone to get back to him. Schecter also uses eyelets for some guitars, and maybe Fender, I believe. Carvin started using them on some new models as well, so maybe they'll sell them, also.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i think that it depends on who you are and who you talk to. perhaps at the time, they were of no help, but the long run goal is for them to be able to provide replacement parts to their dealers.

sully
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                          X