New pickups & pots, volume doesn't roll completely off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pickups & pots, volume doesn't roll completely off

I've just installed my miracle man/trilogy suite HSS set into a SL1 soloist, and it sounds great...however, I can't roll the volume completely off. I'm using the stereo jack and switch left from the EMG 81/SA/SA set I pulled out, and 500K pots with a 0.02uF cap.

Any ideas on what I've bodged?

Did you forget to ground the third lug of the volume pot?
    "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

Yup! I'll get the soldering iron back up to temp and report back. Many thanks!

Comment

Winner! Your prize, a picture of my Bare Knuckle baby

I took a chance on the cream ring and zebra hummer, it's not a perfect match for the ivoroid binding, but I'm glad I did

Comment

Looks really cool!

Comment

I've gotta say, that does look cool
            "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

Comment

The volume pot must not quite get to zero ohms (I've seen that before). You could verify that with a meter. I doubt it's fixable without changing the pot out.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                  The volume pot must not quite get to zero ohms (I've seen that before). You could verify that with a meter. I doubt it's fixable without changing the pot out.
                  marcus got the issue first stab, it's all good now

That said, it was nice having greater control over the gain before I earthed the 3rd leg of the volume pot. The volume rolls off really quickly now.

Comment

Working...
                  X