Installation of a single conductor cable PUP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation of a single conductor cable PUP

Anyone got any photos of how they've wired up their single conductor cable pickups? I've only ever installed 4-conductor cable pickups and wouldn't know how to go about cleanly installing one of these.

Cheers

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/
    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Also see, http://www.guitarelectronics.com/cat...ringresources/
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

White is hot black is ground.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

If it's just one cable, then the inner wire is hot and the outer wire is ground.
          Scott

Comment

Yeah it seems no matter where i place the braided part (ground) onto the ground pot I can't achieve any noise cancellation. Don't know what's going on there...

Comment

Do you have a wire going from the ground pot to the bridge?
              Scott

Comment

Cold solder joint on the braided part.Or no ground from the trem claw or bridge posts to the tone pot.Could be a loose ground from the input jack.Or a bare wire arcing from a pot lug to the pot case or to the other lugs.

Comment

Yeah there's a ground going from the trem claw to the tone pot.

My bridge pickup (an X2N with 4-conductor cable) grounds fine, however the single conductor 59 in the neck position is being a real bitch.

What exactly do you mean by "Cold solder joint on the braided part"?

Comment

Originally posted by buckethead bungler View Post
                    Yeah there's a ground going from the trem claw to the tone pot.

My bridge pickup (an X2N with 4-conductor cable) grounds fine, however the single conductor 59 in the neck position is being a real bitch.

What exactly do you mean by "Cold solder joint on the braided part"?
                    Cold Solder joint. It didn't get hot enough. If it's a Gibson style single conductor the ground (earth) or shield is on the outside of the wire. Use a drop of liquid flux at the ground point on the pot and into the braid of the shield. Get it hot so the solder flows. This is common on outer shield connections from my experience. If it's an inner shield, some extra heat with the iron on the solder will help.
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

+1 Those can be hard to solder sometimes and get a solid connection.

Comment

Working...
                      X