EMG wiring problems;

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG wiring problems;

I'm trying to wire 2 EMG's with a volume for each, but no tone pots/ knobs on either and I'm getting a bad buzz/hum when the volume knob is turned all the way off. Anyone else experienced this? If I touch the switch or the knobs, the noise goes away just like a grounding problem (I did take the ground wire off like the EMG instructions tell you to do)

I've tried to wire EMG pickups without a tone pot/knob before and had the same problem (I ended up wiring the tone pots in the back cavity turned all the way up)

Can anyone explain why this happens, what to do about it, or have a wiring diagram for EMG's without tone pots?

Re: EMG wiring problems;

Have you directly grounded one volume pot to another?

You need to solder a wire from one pot's ground to another, otherwise it hums.

Comment

Here you go. Just ignore tone pots and connect grounds together.

Comment

Make sure you have wired the input jack correctly.I can't tell you how many times I have fixed this problem when people have installed EMGs and not wired the input jack properly.Don't feel bad if thats the case here I've done it too.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

You can always reattach the string ground. Doesn't hurt and usually solves hum problems with EMGs.

Comment

Working...
          X