Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp changes (regional not seasonal)

Alright lads.
    Am thinking of getting a guitar from the States and Im wondering whats the plan of action for when it arrives from sunny USA to shite-cold England? I mean I expect the woods to change (wrong word I know) slightly but other than not a lot of tuning stability for a week or so is there anything else to watch out for?
    Id most likely be getting it setup.
    By the way I think its normally under like 20 degrees C here if that helps.

Thanks in advance

Jamesy

Re: Temp changes (regional not seasonal)

Not a problem, the only changes you should get are a slight change of neck relief. As long as you don't subject your guitar to SUDDEN temperature changes your guitar will be just fine. I've toured with bands that drive and fly from one climate to another on an almost nightly basis, one day were sweating madly in Dallas, two days later we're getting snowed on in Denver, as long as you keep your guitar indoors and in it's case, it doesn't matter if your in a spaceship or a submarine.

Comment

Laddie, i don't feel there's much to watch out for or do when it arrives. I'd pick the fastest shipping method to minimize the time it has to be under way (environmental exposure) and in the hands of UPS/Fedex personnel! Maybe clean and oil the fretboard if needed. Don't place it in front of your open fireplace first thing when it arrives. Plug it in and check it out. What are you getting?

Edit: Ah, you want a Rhoads (classifieds) - good choice! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

/Henrik

[ June 22, 2004, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: jackson1 ]
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Cheers lads!

Looking forward to getting my hands on a rhoads pro, Ive just got to find someone to sell me one! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Jamesy

Comment

Expand your search to include eBay.de if you haven't already. Higher prices than in America but it's part of EU (no customs) and shipping probably will be cheaper.

Good luck in your search. You ARE going for a 1990-1994 Pro, right?

/Henrik
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Working...
          X