Piezo for Floyd Rose??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piezo for Floyd Rose??

Does this exist? Can't seem to find anything I would like to have a piezo option on my SL-1

Thanks
    CURRENT GEAR SET UP
    2005 JACKSON SOLOIST
    1989 JACKSON KING V
    1984 JACKSON RR
    AXE FX II
    MESA BOOGIE 2:90
    DMC GROUND CONTROL PRO
    FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER
    (2) MESA BOOGIE 4X12 RECTO CABINETS
    (2) MESA BOOGIE 2X12 RECTO CABINETS

Long story short... nope.

Comment

I've been waiting for something like this too. I heard a rumor at NAMM last year that maybe Graphtech in conjunction with Floyd Rose might be coming out with one but I couldn't get anyone at the Floyd booth to confirm it and never heard anything more about it since that time

Rudy
      www.wickedrocks.com
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

^ AFAIK Graphtech is working on a version of their "Ghost" system for Floyd Rose trems, but it´s not ready yet

Comment

If it's going to be anything like the regular Graphtech Floyd saddles, I'd pass... one crank too tight on the allen wrench to lock the strings in, and those plastic saddles will crack!

I know Ibanez had at least one Edge Floyd copy with piezos in it.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            If it's going to be anything like the regular Graphtech Floyd saddles, I'd pass... one crank too tight on the allen wrench to lock the strings in, and those plastic saddles will crack!

I know Ibanez had at least one Edge Floyd copy with piezos in it.
            Yes, Ibanez Original Edge came with a Piezo option...............Not sure if they still do it though...................

Comment

What is piezo?
              Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
              Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
              Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Comment

Think it as a type of pick-up. As far as i know it has ceramic crystals in it. These crystals turn pressure and vibration into electric current.

With piezo you can get acousticlike sounds of your guitar or combine piezo with your guitars pickups for interesting combinations.

Check that out; http://youtube.com/watch?v=w6IOacWi10s
                If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

Working...
                X