George Lynch REH Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Lynch REH Video

Do any of you guys have that REH instructional video with George Lynch. I was wondering what bridge pickup he is using in the second guitar on the video, the blue ESP? It sounds like a Duncan Distortion to me. Man, does that thing have some power. It is the best sounding pickup on the video. Any ideas?
    "Hard work is for people short on talent." -George Carlin

Screamin Demon?
    Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Originally posted by ADR View Post
      Screamin Demon?
      I think the one in the Blue ESP is too loud and powerful to be that. I think the Demon is in the guitar he's using when laying down the Lynch Mob tracks, not the instruction part.

Comment

I've heard from people who have met George in person (cannot vouch for it though) that George publicly admits to not using the Screamin Demon, but instead some custom wound Duncans that are more similar to Duncan Distortion. I also understand that he actually used the Duncan Distortion before Seymour Duncan developed the Screamin' Demon........

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Metal View Post
          I've heard from people who have met George in person (cannot vouch for it though) that George publicly admits to not using the Screamin Demon, but instead some custom wound Duncans that are more similar to Duncan Distortion. I also understand that he actually used the Duncan Distortion before Seymour Duncan developed the Screamin' Demon........
          That sounds about right. I can't swear to it either, though.

Comment

IMO copying someone's sound is more difficult than learning their riffs.
            Turn that Sh......... down!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
              I agree with that!!!

Comment

ive got an old screamin demon, I believe its pre production. hand written sticker on the back that just say "demon" IIRC. Its a killer sounding pickup, & seems to have about the same output as a JB.

Comment

+1....George can probably pick up a totally different guitar and still sound like George....It's more in your hands and brain than in the equipment (but the equipment sure helps!!! ).

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                  ive got an old screamin demon, I believe its pre production. hand written sticker on the back that just say "demon" IIRC. Its a killer sounding pickup, & seems to have about the same output as a JB.
                  Much different than a production Screamin' Demon, right?
                  Last edited by Mr Metal; 09-12-2007, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Production Demons are much lower output than JB's so it must be a prototype.

Lynch did use Distortions prior to his signature pickup. His new Duncan custom shop pickup is rather high output as well (Super V I think?).

Comment

I'm not trying to copy anyone's sound. I just liked what I heard. The Duncan Distortion wasn't made for Lynch, so anyone's free to use that sound (or any other) to their advantage. If you have the video check out that blue ESP he's playing, and tell me if that's not one of the best lead (metal) sounds you have ever heard.

Comment

Love the distortion pickup. It's in all of my guitars except for the les paul and signature models.

Comment

You'd think that a pup called the "Screamin' Demon" would have output/balls out the wazoo. Just my humble opinion.
                          My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

I actually think the Screamin´Demon has balls out the wazoo, but you can´t argue with the fact that it doesn´t have high output. I´m lucky my pedals and amps have gain to spare, so I don´t have to care that much about output. Anyway, the Distortion rocks too... I might be getting one soon.

It´s pretty interesting that the Demon started out its life as a higher output pickup, kinda like a transition between the Distortion and the production Demon.

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Diver View Post
                              I'm not trying to copy anyone's sound. I just liked what I heard. The Duncan Distortion wasn't made for Lynch, so anyone's free to use that sound (or any other) to their advantage. If you have the video check out that blue ESP he's playing, and tell me if that's not one of the best lead (metal) sounds you have ever heard.
                              My comment wasn't directed to you. It was more of a general statement.

There are so may people trying to capture a given guitarist's sound or "tone" now-a-days. But those two aspects are controlled by a number of variables, for example: The actual person, the guitar, the effects, the amps, ect.... Not to mention just about every aspect of George Lynch's, EVH's or (your guitar God)'s gear is hot rodded/modified. You or I will never know all of the secrects, that's what makes them on top of their game.

Do I fall into this trap, dam staight. I've got the pre-pro ash body and the SD 78 model, guess who I go after.
                              Turn that Sh......... down!

Comment

Working...
                              X