Re: No turning back!

Ok!
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

you going to refin a Model 6?

Comment

I think he's stripping the finish off the back of the neck on a RR1 or something

Comment

Good luck with whatever you are doing!!!
          Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

looks like it needs a refret too-unless you like really low flat frets! Good Luck!

Comment

I forgot to wish ya good luck [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks guys! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I'm refinishing a pearl white (faded) Rhoads. Main tool is a stanley blade. Does a perfect job scraping off the paint. Very smooth. No wood gets touched. I was afraid the bindings was a problem, but it goes very well. It takes forever - i cleared the neck and headstock and bindings in 3-4 hours time.

Neck and headstock (back) will be tung oiled and the body painted snow white, maybe with some black pinstriping or graphics. White pups + rings (bridge=hum + neck=single coil) , chrome OFR (that's what i got). It's gonna be rear routed, so it will have a clean front. I think it will be killer!

/Henrik
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

awesome work!!

i was doing the same to a rhoads body the other day.
                  "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                  The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

aw man, your fuckin with the fernades rhoads i want from you!
                    ~JW
                    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by delt:
                      i was doing the same to a rhoads body the other day.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Where's the pics?! You're more than welcome in this thread - WITH PICS! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I'd love to see what you did. Did you strip the whole body?

/Henrik
                      Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel:
                        aw man, your fuckin with the fernades rhoads i want from you!
                        ~JW
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] You were broke last time we spoke.

I am not fuckin' with it - i am gently caressing it with a knife and i'm good at it too! I think it will come out bad ass - but maybe not to your liking, eh?

I think the rear routing will be the most difficult about this. Haven't yet come up with a good way of filling the front cavity.

/Henrik
                        Henrik

Comment

When you oil that neck-it is going to look like a butcher's block! and what is that weird piece at the neck joint? It looks like another piece of wood was grafted into the joint. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Comment

Looks like a scarf joint.I don't know if I could have done that those fernandes copys are moving up in price as of late, truly fine guitars in my book.I have a black 84 strathead fenandes that kicks ass.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by etaeniura:
                              When you oil that neck-it is going to look like a butcher's block! and what is that weird piece at the neck joint? It looks like another piece of wood was grafted into the joint. Can't wait to see the finished product!
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">that's a standard neckthru joint; many neckthru guitars are like that. (yes, even jacksons! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )

sully
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X