Scallop my neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scallop my neck?

I have a dk-1 and lately ive been into scalloped fretboards. Is it at all possible to get ahold of an allready scalloped jackson neck, or are there any places that i could send the neck to have it scalloped? Is scalloping possible at all, due to the fretboard binding? Thanks guys.

Re: Scallop my neck?

You can have bindings, along with the sharkies.

Comment

Actually how thick, how far down into the fretboard do the inlays go?

Comment

Many times when scalloping a neck the inlays get removed by accident. If you have dot inlays, it's no big deal, they are easily replaced. Sharkfins however, are not.

Yes, you can send your neck off to get scalloped. I'd try and get ahold of another guitar that already had a scalloped fretboard before you go ruin your DK-1.

Comment

scallop + bindings .... does anyone have pics of what it looks like?
          "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
          The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Originally posted by delt:
            scallop + bindings .... does anyone have pics of what it looks like?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Check this discussion

http://www.jcfonline.com/cgi-bin/ult...c;f=7;t=001922

Comment

hehe thanks (:
              "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
              The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Working...
              X