How stock is my German OFR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How stock is my German OFR?

I just received the Floyd I snagged on E-Bay. It is built like a tank. It has the Floyd Rose stamping on the outside and a small "Made in Germany" stamping on the back and the original screw-in arm receiver. My question is: Do you know if there are supposed to be stampings on the spring block? It is just so damn cool.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Re: How stock is my German OFR?

No stamp on my OFR from 1985. It's blank.

/Henrik
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I have a feeling it's Schaller.

Comment

Why?

/Henrik
        Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1:
          No stamp on my OFR from 1985. It's blank.

/Henrik
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks. The reason I asked is, I know you can replace the spring block. I just hope this as original as I think. I can hardly wait to load it into my 375 project.

Comment

Why?

/Henrik
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wait a minute. Where do they make original Floyd Rose patents?

Comment

Why do you think fett's tremolo is a Schaller?

/Henrik
              Henrik

Comment

/Henrik
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Because Schaller tremolos are made in Germany.
                Just a hunch, nothing more. Maybe some replaced the plates.

Comment

A lot of times an item may have been so original that the numbers came later. That is what has me so perplexed. It's kind of like pre-serial number guitars. They catch on and then they start slapping patent numbers or serial numbers all over the place. I am not saying this is a proto-type, but I would like to date it just because it's too cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by jackson1:

/Henrik
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Because Schaller tremolos are made in Germany.
                    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My 1991 375 has a Schaller Floyd on it. The one I just got is an honest to god "Floyd Rose" Floyds were made in Germany by Schaller, but if you look around you won't see many trems this old that have "Floyd Rose" stamped on the front. '80's vintage sounds good to me. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by fett:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Immortal:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by jackson1:

/Henrik
                      </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My 1991 375 has a Schaller Floyd on it. The one I just got is an honest to god "Floyd Rose" Floyds were made in Germany by Schaller, but if you look around you won't see many trems this old that have "Floyd Rose" stamped on the front. '80's vintage sounds good to me. Thanks again.
                      </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Damn, now I don't get it. Floyd Rose is a company, right? And their Floyd Rose patents are authentical, right? So Schaller makes replicas. Right? Or left? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Guys, [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Immortal, what makes you think that the OFR should have stampings on the tremolo block?

fett: but if you look around you won't see many trems this old that have "Floyd Rose" stamped on the front
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">? So you know how old your OFR is?

/Henrik
                        Henrik

Comment

Damn, now I don't get it. Floyd Rose is a company, right? And their Floyd Rose patents are authentical, right? So Schaller makes replicas. Right? Or left? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Schaller makes their own licensed version, but their factory also makes the Original Floyds. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Damn, now I don't get it. Floyd Rose is a company, right? And their Floyd Rose patents are authentical, right? So Schaller makes replicas. Right? Or left? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">FR is a US company, yes. Schaller makes both the original which is marked "Floyd Rose", and the licensed one which is marked "Schaller". Both are made in the same german factory as far as i know. And they are different.

/Henrik
                            Henrik

Comment

You beat me to it, Joe.

/Henrik
                              Henrik

Comment

Working...
                              X