Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help

What changes need to be made to a 22 fret guitar to let it accomodate a 24 fret guitar without intonation problems?

Re: Need Help

Deeper neck pocket is required for that kind of job. You have keep the distance between saddles and the nut, otherwise the nut will go further from the bridge, and the intonation will flatten.

Comment

do you know whether I could put a regular nut on there instead of a locking nut? would that have any negative consequences?

Comment

It might be a decent amount of work to put a regular nut in place of the locking nut. But if you can locate the nut at the proper location for intonation from the open string to the first fret and you can get the nut to the proper height for a good setup (action), you should be OK.
        Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

I think allparts makes a nut to replace a locking nut. I will try to find a link.

Comment

couldn't get an exact link, but go to www.allparts.com and the item number is BN 0623-023

also some 24 fret necks have the same heeel as a 22, just with an overhang. You could replace it with one of these, but if your neck pup is mounted close to the end of the fretboard, it may interfere. Hope that helps!

Comment

awesome, thanks

Comment

Working...
              X