Fender Squire Neck. It fits.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Squire Neck. It fits.

I bot a Fender Squire Bullet Series Tele neck at the fleamarket today for $15.00. It was nice in its own right, but I just set in my 375 body project and it fits like a glove.. It's 21 frets. Is that a scale problem or should it fly.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Re: Fender Squire Neck. It fits.

It depends on the year it was made. A few years they were a slightly shorter scale.

Comment

If I knew how to count. It's a 22 fret. And I just lined it up with my complete 375 and it lines up. There is no way a 1/16th diff. I may have found the Mutt I was looking for.

Comment

Hey Fett aren't you in Seattle?? What flea market did you go to?
        I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Originally posted by Drsracing:
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ya. I am. Its a drive-in up in Lynnwood. The first week I was here, I snagged an amber flamed-maple 375. That's how I found this forum. All in all, it's small. Apparently, another flea market is closing down. This should make this one a wopper.

Comment

You might have to move the bridge and fretboard a bit away from each other. Measure the distance from the nut to the 12th fret, it should be the same distance as from the 12th fret to the string saddles.

For correct scale the 7th and 19th frets should be at 1/3 and 2/3 of vibrating string length, and the 5th and 12th should be at 1/4 and 1/2. And 3/4 is where the 24th fret would be.
            "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
            The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Ya, the one down here in setac is closing after 38 years, I've spent alot of saterday mornings in my life there with my dad, kinda sucks it's closing. They're building a lowes though [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

I should warn you, I was working on a Fender Bullet series guitar yesterday, total piece of shit!! Though for $15, who can complain?

Comment

Ace, those bodies are plywood right??? I got one for cheap as a throw around and it seems to light for plywood, compared to my old charvette which is plywood

Comment

Here's the deal. The 12th fret markers are tight. I checked for bent tracking of the frets. That was fine. The fetts are fine. But walking home from the flea marke,it fell out of my backpack twice. No major damage. What blows me away, is that it fits so well. I just got my German Floyd. (Check Tech). This neck has a regular Fender nut. Now, can I use my Floyd without the locking nut or I am just a focking nut?

Comment

You can use a Floyd without a locking nut IF:

1. You don't use the bar much, like, hardly at all.

2. You have a good, well made nut that is preferably lubricated for easier string travel.

As for the Bullet, I think I remember the body being plywood, I did work on the electronics, which were made from some of the WORST components and wires I have ever seen.

Comment

I have the neck only. I am going to plug it in to my 375 body. I don't do a whole lot of dives (I'm afraid of water). I am just putting together a mutt to see what happens. Thanks.

Comment

The scale length should be fine as the 375 and a strat are both 25.5". Some Squiers do have a slightly longer neck heal than others do but the scale length is the same. They either had the 22nd fret over hang or they extended the neck itself to meet the board. Some bullet necks arent to bad. If you dont want to add a locking nut to it you can put on soem schaller locking tuners (which will also help increase the toneof the guitar) or you can look for a Kahler nut or an old Jackson/Charvel nut to put on after the string nut. Either way should work just fine.
                          Gil

Comment

Originally posted by fett:
                            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Drsracing:
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ya. I am. Its a drive-in up in Lynnwood. The first week I was here, I snagged an amber flamed-maple 375. That's how I found this forum. All in all, it's small. Apparently, another flea market is closing down. This should make this one a wopper. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow!! Lynnwood!! That's where i was living! Is it near the park and ride or the college?

Fong

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleonfong:
                              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by fett:
                              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Drsracing:
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ya. I am. Its a drive-in up in Lynnwood. The first week I was here, I snagged an amber flamed-maple 375. That's how I found this forum. All in all, it's small. Apparently, another flea market is closing down. This should make this one a wopper. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow!! Lynnwood!! That's where i was living! Is it near the park and ride or the college?

Fong
                              </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This market is about two miles up 5 from the 164th Ave exit. You can see the screen on the right- hand side of the freeway.

Comment

Working...
                              X