Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which replacement neck is best in your opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which replacement neck is best in your opinion?

Barring the more expensive replacement necks made by Warmoth and Musikraft, which do you prefer for a replacement strathead neck: Allparts or Mighty Mite?

Feel free to expound on your likes/dislikes, i.e., feel, fret work, etc.
    Allparts
    60.00%
    Mighty Mite
    40.00%
    Last edited by mhalsey; 09-05-2007, 03:30 PM.
    My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

well both Allparts and Mighty Might have various quality and pricing levels. I had a couple of the lower end entry level Mighty Mite necks for a while. They were made from nice piece of wood, had smaller frets and so so fret work.. was straight tho. The dots being too far apart just jacked with my brain as I was so used to Charvel spacing.

Another option would be to look for used Fender necks on eBay..I was scored a couple USA strat necks and they are pretty damn good necks.
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Thanx for the input, Shawn. Yeah, I've been watching a couple of USA necks on ebay but they usually skyrocket in price when all is said and done.
      My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

I bought 2 sets of Mighty Mite Floyd saddles from carrguitar and the Allparts string blocks don't fit.
        Just one more guitar!

Comment

Can't help since all my necks have been Musikraft or Warmoth. Best of luck!
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I only had Warmoth but I'm curious to hear about the other brands.

Comment

musikraft or usa customguitars
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Musikraft for me.

Comment

The frets are leveled evenly and the fret ends don't stick out on the Mighty Mite neck I have. The fret slots look like they may have been cut too deep, but the frets are glued and haven't seem to come loose.
                  This is off the subject, but the neck I received from Musikraft had a rolled fret and two clamp marks where another fret was pressed in. Tony at October Guitars fixed the rolled fret, and Musikraft refunded some of my money for the clamp marks.

Comment

Whatever you do, stay AWAY FROM B.Hefner Co. Screwed up finished products, wait time is poorer than anyother neck builders on the planet, as a poolstick way up his drain pipe, only has 2 employess.....READ ALL THE HARMONY CENTRAL USER REVIEWS!!!!

Stay away!

Comment

Originally posted by patricef View Post
                      I only had Warmoth but I'm curious to hear about the other brands.
                      +1
                      love my Warmoth Tele neck with jumbos, but I'm curious to try Musikraft too.
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

There are a few guys on ebay who take the MM or Allparts necks, roll the edges, change the back profile to be more like a Charvel, etc. etc. Never bought any of these myself, but they seem to be a good option if you must save some money..........Otherwise I'd buy a Warmoth.............

Comment

I bought a unfinished Warmoth neck with a Wolfgang profile to make a SSS strat. But I'm not so found of the truss road system that they have on the side of the heel. My brother bought another neck from them but with the Fender like trussroad with a "traditional" profile and I like this one better, although I prefer the unfinished feel oiled with Gunstock oil.

Comment

I use Warmoth, Musikraft, Customwoods, and Frankenstraat.

Comment

musikcraft is really nice or at least the one i have. go to the showcase section at warmoth you can get pretty good deals there. ive found with necks u get what u pay for, unless it was a custom order that the person no longer wants. I got a suhr neck like that back in the 80's. someone ordered it & they made it the wrong nut width......so i bought it at a discounted price.
                              Last edited by j2379; 09-07-2007, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X