Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay, where can one find a volume pot that will fit a charvel model series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, where can one find a volume pot that will fit a charvel model series?

I ordered some stuff from stewmac and nope, it won't fit.

Is there any place I can order from online to get these parts ? All I really need is a volume pot and a black nob to fit it.

Anybody have any ideas ? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: Okay, where can one find a volume pot that will fit a charvel model series?

As I have noticed, USA made pots don't fit import guitars.

Can you tell me, what diameter is your hole and what diameter is your pot shaft?

Maybe I can help you and send the desired amount of pots. If you want to.

Comment

Hmmm... you mean that knob doesn't fit the pots, but the pot fits the guitar hole, right?

Comment

I was curious about this, too. I was planning on taking the EMGs out of my 750 and I assumed I would need to replace the pot(s) as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal:
          Hmmm... you mean that knob doesn't fit the pots, but the pot fits the guitar hole, right?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well actually, both. First I need to find a pot that will fit into the Charvel model 1 without having do to any routing.

Then I need a dome knob to top off that pot.

Comment

If your pots make a lot of noise. Try "Tuner Cleaners' They come in cans and you spray the post so it gets into the guts. The only real reason a pot messes up is it is dirty.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I replaced the pots in my model 4 with CTS (US made) pots anfd only needed to widen the hole slightly. YOu could take a small file tot he hole or drill it out to 3/8" for a perfect fit.

Comment

Originally posted by fett:
                If your pots make a lot of noise. Try "Tuner Cleaners' They come in cans and you spray the post so it gets into the guts. The only real reason a pot messes up is it is dirty.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I simply don't have any.

Comment

bump before I have to do some routing. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X