EMG "Quick connect"? stupid question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG "Quick connect"? stupid question

I haven't done any soldering since I left school. Can't seem to find any pix or diagrams showing both ends of one cable. Do they just clip onto the underside of the pickups and pots?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

The pot ends are raw wire.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

They actually slide on to a male connector on the pickup, and you solder the other end just like a standard pickup. The point of the quick connect is to allow ease of changing between other EMG pickups, apparently.

Comment

whoops.... and I was thinking strange designed pots...
        Last edited by wilkinsi; 09-04-2007, 04:09 PM.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Actually that would work. Clean pot ends could take connectors. I am amazed that I thought of that. Just like the ends of the wires that plug into a phono cart. That really is a good idea. I will get rich.:ROTF: Here is another idea. Why not make a soldered on 3 or 4 fingered on top of the pot. That way with the female on any pup end can ground out on the the little pricks.
          Last edited by fett; 09-04-2007, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
            whoops.... and I was thinking strange designed pots...
            Just a heads up if you didn't already know, you will need different pots with EMG's as well, 25K pots instead of the passive 250 or 500k.

Comment

I have 4 CTS 25k pots from 1989 that have EMG stamped on the cases. For what that is worth. They cost me $90.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                I have 4 CTS 25k pots from 1989 that have EMG stamped on the cases. For what that is worth. They cost me $90.
                So you're really cheap with everything else, but you overpay for pots?!? :ROTF:
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                  Actually that would work. Clean pot ends could take connectors. I am amazed that I thought of that. Just like the ends of the wires that plug into a phono cart. That really is a good idea. I will get rich.:ROTF:
                  You lying bastard! I thought of that first! Like you're gonna get rich huh? Look at how quickly FR's Speedloader died :ROTF:
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    So you're really cheap with everything else, but you overpay for pots?!? :ROTF:
                    Yeah, Remind me not have my dau-in-law buy stuff for me.

Comment

Okay. LOL
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                      X