Dirty maple board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty maple board

Hi, this actually some guy's question but he isn't able to post it.

He has a guitar store and have one EB replica of Music Man's Axis. It has maple fretboard and it got very dirty after some people playing it.

The guitar is there for three or four monts and every since a while someone plugs it and plays it.
    I have never seen so much dirt on the maple neck of a brand new guitar. This guitar wasn't played much but the fretboard got dirty anyway.

How can we get the dirt off? Everyone thinks this is a second hand guitar and no one would buy it, even though the interest is quite big.

Re: Dirty maple board

You don't state if it's an unfinished fretboard or not... but take a look at this thread and extract the info you need. Pay attention to JCF'er Mike Docy's post in this thread:

http://www.jcfonline.com/cgi-bin/ult...c;f=7;t=000521

/Henrik
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Regular guitar polish or lemon oil will clean the board up nicely... doesn't matter if it's sealed or not.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I, personally, would use Toejam. It comes out sticky, but once you work it over it's like butta.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by fett:
          I, personally, would use Toejam.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Seems like manboobs are very famous. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yo Toe: If you can put the jam in a tube, we're set. You are famous, Man!!!!

Comment

Hehe! I'll market it and you'll get some credit for it, Fett. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                Hehe! I'll market it and you'll get some credit for it, Fett. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think it should be an 80/40 spilt. Afterall, you are going to have to milk the pups.

Comment

Working...
                X