Arrrrgh Pickup Holes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrrrgh Pickup Holes

So I ordered a Dimarzio Chopper and realised it doesnt fit because of that extra bit that sticks out....

The holes are purely single coil....to make it fit is it as simple as making the hole bigger..

Anything to watch out for???
    Jason Becker / Paul Gilbert Wannabe

What are you putting this in?

Comment

pix would help.

Comment

Two options:

1- If you're handy with a dremel tool, you can create an undercut in the route that will allow you to rock the pickup into place.

2- This is the way to go if you'd rather modify the pickup than the guitar:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...39&postcount=6

Comment

Its that cheap Charvette I bought. So I dont mind modifying the guitar. It will just be my workhorse, smack it around and not worry guitar...

Pickups will then be moved into something "nicer" later so rather modify the guitar...
          Jason Becker / Paul Gilbert Wannabe

Comment

The body will most likely be a soft wood like Basswood, so a nice 1/2" wide chisel (or 1/4") should be good enough to hack some of the cavity away under the surface.

The pickup would have to go in at a slight angle at first but should sit level once it's in the hole. If not, it's relatively easy to expand the route to fit the tab even better.

If it's too hard to push the chisel by hand, a small hammer on the end should tap right through it. Just make sure you're using a sharp chisel to cut down on wandering, and don't go too deep with each dig.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
            X