truss rod or neck shave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• truss rod or neck shave?

There was a thread recently whereby the distance between the fingerboard and the body are not even on both sides of the neck. I've just noticed I have the same problem. The guy reseated the neck. I've also noticed where the neck bolts onto the body that the body looks a bit scraped on mine. Can this be caused by adjusting the tross rod too much?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Sounds like a neck fit issue rather than anything to do with adjusting the truss rod. If it's hanging up in the area where you see the scraping, that could account for it not seating right. Is the scraped area on the side where the fretboard sits higher off the body?

Comment

No.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

It's not hanging up. It's the distance between the edge of the fingerboard and the body surface that isn't level. 1mm on one side, 3 on the other. I just went into a shop to look at their Jacksons and the same discrepancies are there, but not identical. The neck is sitting flat.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Is this on your DK2M?

Comment

The DK2M is actually spot on. Its the DK2S. I think the assistant has adjusted the truss rod too much anyway, because I get fret buzz roughly halfway up the neck. I'll take it to another shop and have it done properly. So I've just answered my own question - it's the way in which the neck was bolted on.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

There was a similar issue with the red ghost flame DK2Ms. I can't recall if it was the neck heel or the neck pocket that was off. But it sat higher to one side and a shim took care of that issue.

But your s may be that the neck wasn't seated properly.

Comment

Working...
              X