Carvin FR lock nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin FR lock nuts

So I called Carvin...and Stony Tony was no help whatsoever...I can't believe they could not answer these questions.

Are these parts from Carvin acutal FR/Schaller parts?

Are the screws they come with made to mount through the neck or from the top?

Thanks,

Re: Carvin FR lock nuts

Toe nailed it. They are real Schaller made parts, and they're top mount.

Comment

Thanks much, I ordered the nut tonight.

Why is the Carvin stuff so much cheaper than everyone else?

Comment

No prob. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I don't know, but Carvin does have kick-ass prices! The only place I've seen sell Floyds with nuts cheaper is Ed Roman, but I wouldn't buy crap from him.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

They mount on top, as that's what they use on their guitars. They should be real Floyd nuts, as they use the real Floyd trem, and the standard size is R3 for 1 11/16". They also sell them for 1 /58" neck width if you need them.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Anyone know where I could get an R3 nut that's the right height for a JT580LP trem on a Stealth EX? I bought an R3 Floyd nut from Carvin, and although the width and string spacing are fine, the height is a bit off and the screws are definitely bigger than those that came with the original nut (I bought the neck used without a nut).
            sigpic

Comment

I have a brand new R3 licensed Floyd nut that is to low in comparison to the Schaller. That's why I wanted to make sure the Carvin parts were genuine OFR.

If you want to trade up even let me know. The screws for my original nut were also bigger, so the one I have for trade might work out for you.

Shoot me a PM if you want to trade. BTW, the one I have is black.

Comment

Working...
              X