Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who sells replacement trem arms for the Schaller JT 590?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who sells replacement trem arms for the Schaller JT 590?

I looked a few places:

Easton - they only sell complete trems.

Fretsonthenet - mostly Kahler derivatives.

ALL Parts - generic arms.

STEW MAC - ditto.

BTW I need more than JUST the replacement arm as the socket or bushing that the arm goes into on mine was cracked around the lip and this looks like it needs to be replaced. Do these assemblies usually come with the arms?

I read a HUGE amount of posts in 2 days on here and I remember seeing someone that sold the entire assemblies, but I can't find that post I read through the search feature.

Thanks for all the veterans here that can steer me in the right path.

Re: Who sells replacement trem arms for the Schaller JT 590?

I replaced the shitty screw-in bar on my jt500 for a receiver-type one, the guy at a local music store found it for me and it came with the receiver. Paid i think something like $20-30 canadian for it.

i also saw lots of these on ebay.
    "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
    The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Forgot to mention I checked Ebay and they only have the Floyd Rose bars with the collars, but not the trem bar assembly. They have one of the assemblies for the old screw-in type for the OFR, but I always hated them as they always needed tightening and I never liked the screw in bars.

Comment

Gutarpartsdepot has has them. Link

Comment

The Allparts "Retro Trem Arm System for Floyd Rose" is a Schaller-made collared arm and socket. The part number is BP 1000-003 for the black one, BP 1000-010 for chrome. Allparts wants $18.00 for black, $14.00 for chrome on their site, but I have found the black ones at dealers in my area for under $14.00, which beats most online outlets. No waiting, no shipping charges, just like the old days. If you do need to order one, there are some members here who are Allparts dealers, such as Doc Dryer and mm2002. I'm surprised to hear that Easton only carries the whole unit. It may just not be listed on the site. I bet Kev could hook you right up if you call or email.

Comment

Thanks guys for the other sources I would have never thought of looking. I did check back with Stew mac and they do have the OFR/Schaller bars/assemblies pretty cheap $10.88 chrome and $11.58 black.

I was still waiting on a reply from Kevin @ Easton regarding some questions from 2 days ago, and I just sent another if he can get the bars. I'd rather order it from someone supporting the community if I can. Thanks again everyone.

Comment

Just a note to anyone who is interested, Peavey have released a new version of the Predator Plus Guitar. It's a Korean Made axe with a Floyd Copy that is a dead ringer for the JT-500 (Schaller Copy) that has a push in arm. The socket in the bridge has a nylon bushing and a tesion adjustment screw. It's really nice. I'm going to be tracking down the part number and I'll provide it to anyone who is interested. I will also be buying one (the part, not the guitar) to see if it can be retro-fitted into a Schaller or OFR. I'll keep you posted. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Pinto, why would anyone want the Peavey push in arm over the Floyd/Schaller collared arm? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
                X