Dimarzio Chopper...Fast Track 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimarzio Chopper...Fast Track 2

I currently have a Evo2 in the bridge...

Which of the top two would be a nicer neck pickup?? If I get both should I place Chopper Neck and Fast Track 2 middle of vice versa??

Any opinion would be appreciated

Cheers
    Jack
    Jason Becker / Paul Gilbert Wannabe

Fast Track 2 is more tonally similar to Evo2

Comment

Isn´t the fast track 2 very hot? I think the chopper would be a much nicer neck pickup.
      For the middle i would get either a low output single for some nice clean sounds or nothing at all, i don´t see the point with hot humbuckers there, but thats of course just my opinion.

Comment

I'm still liking the Chopper. Might get that. And either leave the middle or get a Fast Track 1.

Comment

Fast Track 2 is pretty hot, IMHO. And a fair amount of low end, given its SC size. I put one in the bridge position of my old Charvel Traditional. Great PU, but I wouldn't want it in the neck or middle slots.

Comment

Chopper in the neck for sure, check out a Cruiser too for the neck.
            Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

I just checked the Dimarzio website again and they recommend the Fast Track 2 for bridge position only. They also say the Chopper was primarily developed as a bridge pickup, but can work in neck with a humbucker in the bridge. For the neck applications primarily, in the mini-humbucker territory, there is Fast Track 1, Cruiser Neck, Air Norton, and Pro Track. Pro Track and Air Norton are higher output than Fast Track 1 and Cruiser, but they should still match well output-wise with Evo 2 (they are about the same output as the Evo Neck which is actually recommended with Evo2) . If you want to look at Seymour Duncan, there's Cool Rails, Vintage Rails, Hot Rails Neck (a little too thick sounding for some JCF'ers), Duckbuckers, etc. etc. With Seymour Duncan, make sure you get the neck version as most of their mini-humbuckers come in separate bridge and neck versions.

Comment

Thanks all. Got a Chopper coming my way. Will let you know how it is..

Comment

Working...
                X