Best trem any Jackson import ever came with stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best trem any Jackson import ever came with stock

Were there only 2 choices the JT580 and the JT500 through out the 90's? I have a Kelly XLR Professioinal and it has the crappy JT580. I was wondering what could replace that without any mods? I know you can replace a JT6 with a Schaller or OFR, but what will swap in the place of a JT580?

Re: Best trem any Jackson import ever came with stock

So, a search here for JT580 came out empty?

/Henrik
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Best trem any Jackson import ever came with stock
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That would be the Schaller JT-590 [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Is the JT590 the same Schaller trem that is on my Fusion Deluxe? I just took it off my guitar and don't see any model #'s whatsoever. Just the "Made in W. Germany" across from the JACKSON name on the base.

So the only upgrade from this is an OFR? Hard to imagine but I prefer the Edges on the early Ibanez Roadstars to any other Licensed FR and even the OFR.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel:
          Is the JT590 the same Schaller trem that is on my Fusion Deluxe? I just took it off my guitar and don't see any model #'s whatsoever. Just the "Made in W. Germany" across from the JACKSON name on the base.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep, that would be the JT590. West Germany is where Schaller's factory is. They also make the OFR in the same factory. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

AP International ( apintl.com ) - these are genuine original floyd's right? at least they look genuine to me....

btw my jackson ps-2 came with a shitty jt500 and i replaced the baseplate and set-screws with ofr ones. The screws were sticking out too far at the back to fit the trem cavity, so i had to cut about 1/4" off the screw ends and then re-do them with a file so that they fit in the clamp blocks.
            "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
            The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

I have some JT-580 equipped jacksons and the trems works just fine.The JT-6s I have work great too.I don't know why everybody rags about how bad they are.Don't get me wrong OFRs are the best IMO too but the others seem to do the job just fine.I use the trem a lot and believe me I don't baby 'em.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard:
                I have some JT-580 equipped jacksons and the trems works just fine.The JT-6s I have work great too.I don't know why everybody rags about how bad they are.Don't get me wrong OFRs are the best IMO too but the others seem to do the job just fine.I use the trem a lot and believe me I don't baby 'em.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, I've never had a problem with the JT6 on the two Charvels I had, and I never had a problem with the JT580LP on the four other Jacksons I've had. I think they're both pretty fine trems.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel:

So the only upgrade from this is an OFR? Hard to imagine but I prefer the Edges on the early Ibanez Roadstars to any other Licensed FR and even the OFR.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree with you on the Edge being the best... I have 2 of them right now. Stud spacing is the same, if your guitar is not recesed, you can put an Edge on it instead. If it is recessed, a router is your best friend. The JT-580 is the same as the hated Lo-TRSII from Ibanez. I like the JT-500, I have one that works better than a Schaller! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

So, a search here for JT580 came out empty?
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's a great way to welcome someone to the board [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

You took the time to reply, why not offer the information if you have it. If you don't have it, don't respond.

Just my two cents, I should get back to work.

Comment

TX Charvel I was gonna say something too, but since Im new here I kept my mouth shut. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by txcharvel:
                        That's a great way to welcome someone to the board
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You're right, i could have worded it differently. Please accept my apologies, Jackson-Charvel [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Jackson-Charvel, we're have a huge user base here and we have tons of redundant threads and questions about tremolos, so sometimes one gets a little exhausted. Yes, i could just have stayed silent, but what i was trying to say was (in a stupid rude way) - please try and use the search function available on the board.

Now, have you tried that search function? It's a great tool!

/Henrik
                        Henrik
                        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Jackson1 thanks for the welcome. Yes I did use the search function and it is a great tool, but my particular question was never asked before, just general questions on the JT580 or JT500 JT590 etc.

The search results didn't really give me any of the answers I was looking for. I apologize I could have gone through 10 years worth of the archived catalogs on JacksonMuseum, but I figured a simple question could save me hours of time.

Usually the only time I would post a question if it wasn't already asked prior to my question. I also hate redundant posts on all these forums as well.

Comment

Can anybody tell me if a JT580LP is better than a JT500?
                            I believe not, I have a Dean custom 450 which is supposed to have a 580. I already had nutwear after a few months.
                            I also have a Jackson PS-1 (or is it a PS-4) which is supposed to have a JT500. I've played that guitar for more than 6 years and never had any problems with the trem.

Comment

Working...
                            X