Intonation problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intonation problems

Have a problem with my Fender Esquire Custom. My high E string has this twangy sound to it. I dont believe its a bridge problem and the notes sound fine once the string is fretted. I believe that it is a nut problem. Any good ideas on how to fix this elusive and annoying problem? Its only that string and only when its played open. Thanks.

Re: Intonation problems

I have NEVER seen a Fender with a zero fret. Your nut slot is most likely cut too deep.

Comment

Sorry about that. Maybe my nut slot is cut too deep.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Are you having that problem too?

Comment

I had that problem on my model 4, so i took a piece of 600 grit sandpaper, folded it in half and ran it through the nut slot a few times. fixed the problem. I would try that first, and if it still doesn't work, you may need to have a new nut installed or shim the old one. you could also try raising the action at the bridge ever so slightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace:
            Are you having that problem too?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think my Jockey's may be a little tight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace:
              I have NEVER seen a Fender with a zero fret. Your nut slot is most likely cut too deep.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Maybe that's why I find myself singing in a higher key.

Comment

Does it have a zero fret?

Comment

Ba dum pssshhh!

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

&gt; Maybe that's why I find myself singing in a higher key.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!±@£%¢¬¤±£%¢±

a zero fret takes away the "crisp" sound of open strings..... which can be a good thing if you want completely uniform sound tho.....
                    "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                    The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Working...
                    X