Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone tell me about the Kahler bridges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me about the Kahler bridges?

I'm not referring to the Steeler. I believe the bridge in question is the Kahler 2300 or Kahler Pro. I read a bit about it on glowingtubes.com but I'd like more info. For instance....

How does it compare to the OFR?

Why do you like/dislike the Kahler?

Where can I find one?

What advantages/disadbantages does the unit offer?

And anything else you'd like to say about it.

Thanks,
    Nick

Re: Can anyone tell me about the Kahler bridges?

Try www.axeparts.net & www.sandimascharvel.com!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Chucksplatter

Comment

Also,check out www.glowingtubes.com,lots of info on there!!

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBatman:
        I read a bit about it on glowingtubes.com but I'd like more info.
        Nick
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a Kahler flatmount on my model 4. THey are OK, and offer more adjustable feature than OFR's, but this means threy have many more moving parts that can wear out or get lost during maintenance. Unless they have started making them again, finding one in good shape may be a little more difficult-but they are out there. The Kahler also doesn't require routing a huge hole in your guitar to use. The best way to learn about them is to get one and mess around with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis:
            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by EvilBatman:
            I read a bit about it on glowingtubes.com but I'd like more info.
            Nick
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Really I just wanted to know about peoples experience with them and how then liked or disliked them.

Thanks for the websites and info guys. They look interesting but for now I'll just stick with the old trusty Floyd Rose.

Comment

Check out the post right before mine. It will all become clear. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Dohh!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] !!

Comment

A Kahler isn't a direct replacement for a Floyd Rose. The best way to learn about them is to buy a whole guitar wth the Kahler already on there.

Comment

Yeah I noticed that myself too. I was like "Okay.... [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ". I actually went back to glowingtubes.com and read up on the Steeler too. Good stuff. Too bad they're not being made anymore.

Comment

Working...
                    X