Massive Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massive Problems

Hey guys not long bought a model 3 charvel off ebay. Kinda happy that I scored a charvel, kinda disappointed that it wasn't exaxctly as the seller described. Actually it was pretty unplayable. You win some you lose some I guess.

My first problem is the bridge. Part of the reason I bought it was because of an Original Floyd Rose. That's the good part. The bad part is to fit an ofr new holes need to drilled. This floyd was using screws straight into the body.

At this point, I must say, I was warned about this by dg when I originally posted that I was thinking about bidding. Due to it being a Basswood body it can be weaker than other woods. I got gas what can I say.

After receiving the guitar and taking one look at the floyd I knew it needed some adjustment so I set to it. No luck. Did some searching decided that the springs might be fucked. Replaced them. No luck.

It was at about this time that I had a real good look at the screws. They were sitting forward a bit. I then decided to take off the floyd and pickgaurd all together. This is where things start to get ugly.

As you can see the old holes were filled and new ones drilled. What's worse is that on the pup cavity side it looks like the wood is cracking from the pressure. I looked at that and thought WTF have I done. Here is another pic

So I guess my question is "What the hell do I do". From what I can gather the wood needs to be repaired or reinforced , if it can be, around the inside of the pup cavity. The other thing that made me take off the floyd was that it rubbing up against the inside of the trem cavity. Obviously I found out why.

I guess I did want a project.

I can't view the pics, due to the filters on the computer I'm using at this time, but from your description maybe this link will help.

http://www.dinosguitarworks.com/15.html
    Last edited by Model1VH2; 08-27-2007, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Thanks buddy. It's a bit scary that you haven't seen the pics but referred me to something very similar to my problem

Do you have super powers

Comment

Working...
      X