Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to install schaller strap lock?

Hi,

I don't know how to install the schaller strap lock. Is there any website that teaches how to install it? I am confused about the horse hoof shape component. Which direction should the open end face? Where does the strap go in exactly? Thanks!

Instructions are included with the packaging.
    Not rocket science.

-Rick

Comment

I install the open end of the lock facing up toward me just as added mental security for myself.
      MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
        I install the open end of the lock facing up toward me just as added mental security for myself.
        +1
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

i used to use the shaller, but my hair always gest caught in the contraption. so i switched to the donlop version and am quite happy.
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Just put a lick of threadlock on the bit that goes through the strap, because it probably doesn't stick through very far, you might only get one turn on the nut. I got sick of catching falling guitars after the nut worked loose and the whole lot pinged off (luckily no floor hitters), changed to Dimarzio Cliplock straps, far better, you know exactly where you are with them!
            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

i used super glue
              Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
              Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
                i used to use the shaller, but my hair always gest caught in the contraption. so i switched to the donlop version and am quite happy.
                Are these the ones you are talking about? I have wanting to try them.
                http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?p...ts/accessories
                Just one more guitar!

Comment

I use these. Dunlop dual system. You can use a regular strap on it if you want too.

Never had one come loose yet.
                  -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                    I use these. Dunlop dual system. You can use a regular strap on it if you want too.

IMO, the Schaller and DiMarzio Cliplock are superior to the Dunlop. I do like the dual design system you posted, though, as I just use a regular strap on it without the locking mechanism.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post

+1 for the DDS.
                      My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

yeah, i use the dual design. doesn't pinch the hair. hehheh.
                        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

ok i think probably i am just very stupid, but how do you screw in the new strap lock since you can't use a screw driver on the schaller strap lock? In addition, if you use hands, there's "free spin" of components, and the whole thing won't go into the guitar. Thanks

Comment

You use a Phillips screw driver. The same one as when taking the old buttons off. The screw driver fits in the recessed opening of the Schaller button.
                            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by bugsbunny View Post
                              ok i think probably i am just very stupid, but how do you screw in the new strap lock since you can't use a screw driver on the schaller strap lock? In addition, if you use hands, there's "free spin" of components, and the whole thing won't go into the guitar. Thanks
                              Not got any spanners? I've always had to torque schaller straplocks down pretty hard...either my straps are thick or there isn't much thread there. If the strap parts aren't tightened with a spanner I find they quickly come loose.

Comment

Working...
                              X