Best glue for cracked neck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best glue for cracked neck.

Have anyone ever glueded their broken necks and with what glue???
    Jackson Randy Rhoads Pro 2015
    Jackson "Phobia" King-V
    BC Rich Chuck Schuldiner Stealth
    SG Mutt "Swamp Thing"

BC Rich Warlock One Bass

Orange Micro Terror
    Laney TF300
    Randall 1X8

PERKELE!!!

How exactly is it cracked? Got pix?

Comment

Well, until you return,
      DO NOT use anything like superglue, epoxy, or any other miracle glues.
      Clean it out thoroughly, use Titebond II wood glue, or any other high quality wood glue, and clamp it.

If ever you need to go back into the repair, the wood glue can be steamed out. Other synthetic glues are permanent, and can cause more damage than cure in the end.

Comment

Agreed, Tightbond is the best

Comment

I concur with the Titebond II glue for a neck repair.

Comment

How long would titebond take to cure before you can string up the neck again?
            Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Originally posted by krimson View Post
              How long would titebond take to cure before you can string up the neck again?
              Different temps, humidity conditions, area of contact will all affect drying time. Also, extent and location of the damage.

It would help if you could post a picture, or be more descriptive of the damage. I'm kind of flying blind with this.

Since the glue does not adhere well to finishes, I do not wipe it all after gluing. That way I can run a toothpick into the bond a little bit to test the
              way it has set up. I can't just tell you, a day, two, or a week. Too many
              variables. I've had a nasty high stress headstock-to-neck crack under clamps for two weeks until I was satisfied that the bond was right. Probably
              overkill, but it has been ok for over ten years, with no noticable movement.

Comment

Working...
              X