Painting EMG's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting EMG's

I've got a Model 5 in Metallic Ivory w/ an 81 and an 85. IMO it would look badass if the PU's were Ivory. Shadoe McKee says painting pickups doesn't affect them, but judging from the way she was ripped in another post, I think I'll ask y'all if painting EMG's will fuck 'em up. >>>I know EMG makes ivory pickups, but they aren't as yellowed as the Charvel. Also, where can I get some pickup rings for a Model 5?
    www.myspace.com/demiricous
    www.myspace.com/mercykillonline
    www.myspace.com/legionmetal
    www.myspace.com/scottbronner

Re: Painting EMG\'s

Our very own Budman68 makes the best replacement pup rings you can get for your model 5. As far as the painting goes, just clean the plastics thoroughly and use an aerosol adhesion promoter (available at any auto body shop supply) before the color coat. The paint will adhere well and last a long time. Hope this helps.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

the paint layer will be so thin that a piece of paper will have more effect on them than the paint. it shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

EMGs are also epoxy-sealed, so there's no real way to damage them with paint. I bought some EMGs that were heavily painted once, and they cleaned up really well with a little bit of thinner.

Comment

someone in another thread mentioned that pickup covers take away some of the high end, but i can't hear any difference.

i dont know if there's any metaloid element in the paint, that would affect the magnetic field of the pickup tho..... i really doubt it.
          "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
          The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Thanks fellas.
            www.myspace.com/demiricous
            www.myspace.com/mercykillonline
            www.myspace.com/legionmetal
            www.myspace.com/scottbronner

Comment

There is absolutely NO AFFECT on pickups performance or tone when painted. Doesn't matter if the pickup is already covered or not. I have three Jackson Custom Shop guitars that came from the factory with painted pickups, tone for days. I also have three after market paint jobs (nope, not from Shadoe [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] ) with painted pickups. With those guitars, I know what they sounded like before the pickups were painted. They still sound the exact same.
              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
              Gotta get away from here.
              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
                NO AFFECT
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                X