Assuming one of my EMG's isn't USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assuming one of my EMG's isn't USA

I have bought an EMG 85 and placed it in the neck position and I have to say that the 81b and 85n combo rocks!

I was installing the 85 piece and noticed that on the rear plate there's a sticker which says Made in USA.
    I was checking my 81 in the bridge and it says just this: http://www.mobisux.com/album/data/500/125167c_1.jpg (this is the actual photo).

So? Is it USA?

I noticed that 85 is a little bit louder on clean channel than 81. Okay, pickups in the bridge position are flat sounding on clean channel, right?
    When I turn on my distortion, there's no difference in the tone volume.

Let the discussion begin.

Thanks.

Re: Assuming one of my EMG\'s isn\'t USA

I'm pretty sure the only EMG's that aren't US made are the "select" ones, and none of them are called an 81.

Comment

Originally posted by etaeniura:
      I'm pretty sure the only EMG's that aren't US made are the "select" ones, and none of them are called an 81.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Correct. The Select series were made in Korea and they had a sticker on them stating that. I had a pair of them in my Dinky at one time. Not bad, just a little dark sounding and could have used a little bit more gain.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Neck pickups sound louder because the string vibrates more over them as opposed to the bridge pickup, which is closer to the end of the string. This creates a more powerful signal that sounds fuller than bridge pickups.

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal:
          Okay, pickups in the bridge position are flat sounding on clean channel, right?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">An 81 in particular will sound flatter and more lifeless than an 85 in the same position. If you mostly play scooped death metal I suppose this isn't much of an issue though. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X