Quality of pots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality of pots?

Hey guys,I just picked up some 250K pots from allparts,like $3 each.Does anyone know if these are quality pots?I would hate to skimp on something so small.I have heard CTS pots are really good,anyone know where I can order some?Thanks.

Re: Quality of pots?

I bought a bunch from http://www.angela.com/ their inventory and invoicing system online is pretty bad, but the yhad what I wanted Do yourself a favor and call in the order once you find what you need on their webpage. No problem once the order was placed. The even have some vintage Fender stuff. All the pots are Fender Parts in Fender packaging.
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

www.guitarelectronics.com
      750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
      Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

If you go to a Fender dealer, they usually have a rack of parts for bridges, amp knobs, pickguards, etc. The pots they sell are CTS and usually retail for about 5 or 6 bucks. The CTS are very nice-have a very smooth, tight feel to them (no perverted jokes please). Just keep in mind they require a slightly larger mounting hole (again...with the perversion).

Comment

Go to your local electronics supply shop and try to get them there. Most usually have NOS pots kicking around. If you can find old Stackpoles (the code starts with 314), nab those. If they don't have those, get Clarostat or CTS. Chances are you will be able to buy NOS pots for a couple of dollars each.

Comment

So would the CTS pot fit directly into a charvel model series guitar? or would it require a bit of routing?

Comment

Great,thanks for all the excellent tips.

Comment

Originally posted by PaddoK:
                So would the CTS pot fit directly into a charvel model series guitar? or would it require a bit of routing?
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It likely will not. You will need to drill the hole out with a 1/2" drill bit.

Comment

I guess allparts will be recieving my order then!

Comment

Working...
                  X