BIG PROBLEM!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIG PROBLEM!!!!

K so my local tech called and he told me that there was a problem with my Mod 6, the action was very high and he couldnt change it because of the nut height. So he said that he could install a new nut that would allow me to have low action with no buzz, but it'll cost another 40 dollars....this sucks what should I do? could this be caused by my new FR original?

Re: BIG PROBLEM!!!!

could be, if you got a real floyd rose locking nut, too. the floyd nuts are a bit thicker/taller than others. so, if you've got the old one, try putting that on first.

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Why can't he just file the existing nut? This sounds weird to me. GMW installed a Schaller Floyd on my Model 6 and retained the original nut. The action is killer on it. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
        could be, if you got a real floyd rose locking nut, too. the floyd nuts are a bit thicker/taller than others. so, if you've got the old one, try putting that on first.

sully
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sully, model 6 has the lock behind the nut like a Kahler.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

He should be able to file the nut. Either way... $40.00 for super low action and no buzz gauranteed isn't that bad of a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87:
            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by jsullysix:

sully
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sully, model 6 has the lock behind the nut like a Kahler. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">heh....d'oh!
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I think Sully is on the right track as he mentioned a new FR Original (albeit nothing about the locking nut) I could see it if it was a Floyd nut but if is the existing nut with behind the kahler locking device then it shouldnt be that much money imho.
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

$40 to file a nut?? Jeez... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckracer:
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">REALLY.. [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] 15 tops.
                  "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckracer:
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">agreed, considering it wouldn't be more than a few passes of the file. adjusting nut height should be part of a setup.

sully
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

What was in the guitar originally? A JT6? I still don't understand how the action got higher at the nut because of changing to a OFR. I've done this before and the action at the nut had nothing to do with the replacement of a bridge. Unless of course as was stated that you had a Floyd nutlock installed?
                      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I talked to him again and he told me that I needed a new nut, the other was too low or something, so I ordered a graphtech and got on with it, anyone use a GT with their charvel? any feedback?

Comment

Working...
                        X