Setup specs for DKMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setup specs for DKMG

or a DK1.. I haven't really found out which DINKY I have. I've been searching for this information and this is how I ended up here at these forums. Any information would be nice. I'm not a afraid to perform my own work. I search the forums and really didn't come up with anything.

-Neck Relief - Location to check for relief.
    -String Height at Nut
    -String Height
    -Pick up Height
    Last edited by JetFixxxer; 08-21-2007, 07:22 PM.
    2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
    2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
    2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
    2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
    2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
    2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
    2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
    2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
    2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
    1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
    1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Whatever works. There are no set specs for a particular model, as each guitar that comes off the line, even the same model, is different. There is a topic here though has good information on setting it up.

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52679

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
      Whatever works. There are no set specs for a particular model, as each guitar that comes off the line, even the same model, is different. There is a topic here though has good information on setting it up.

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52679
      I read that thread and really didn't see anything about what I'm looking for.

So basically it's whatever I like.
      2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
      2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
      2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
      2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
      2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
      2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
      2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
      2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
      2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
      1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
      1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

No guitar is the same, no matter how close the manufacturing tolerances are. Set it up how you like it... there is no set spec.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

There are general setup specs in guitar setup books and videos and also at major manufacturers (such as Fender's) websites. Basic specs are geared to make a guitar play correctly, and they should not be different depending on what company built the guitar. Once you have the basics dialed in within the ballpark, depending on how well your guitar is built, you can push the envelope for example for lower action until you reach the limit. This will take some trial and error. The other thing with each setup being unique is the player preferences. Some people want the lowest possible action and will accept a little bit of string buzz. Others would want the string high enough to ring completely and for them string height is secondary. Not sure how many setups you've done yet, but once you do a few you will start developing a pretty good "feel" about what you're looking for and what your preferences are. Good luck!

Comment

A good starting point for setup on a compound radius neck would be this :
            String height at 12th fret : about 1,5 mm, both bass and treble side.
            Neck relief : about 0,5mm at fret 6-8 with strings fretted at 1st and 22nd or 24th.
            This is just the recommendations from Jackson, from here on its just a matter of playing style, personal preferences and of course the guitar, not all guitars will let you go where you like with the setup...personally i go a little lower on both the relief and the action

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
              No guitar is the same, no matter how close the manufacturing tolerances are. Set it up how you like it... there is no set spec.

Comment

Working...
              X