question about loose bar in jackson floyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about loose bar in jackson floyd

i have a 1999 KE3 with satin chrome hardware and a licensed floyd. im not sure of the model but it says jackson on it. I like the trem but the only thing I dont like about it is the loose bar. I was thinking of getting a real floyd altogether but everythingi s fine except the bar, and I cant get a real floyd in this kind of finish. Ive tried a new bar from all parts but its still loose so I guess its the nut thing that you slide the bar into thats bad.

does stew mac or all parts make these that fit into this jackson trem? or do they only sell things for real floyds?

Re: question about loose bar in jackson floyd

on second thought, maybe i will get a real floyd. :lol

too bad they dont make em in satin chrome

Comment

Originally posted by PallarAndersVisa:
      too bad they dont make em in satin chrome
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Get a pro to glassblast it. Maybe the saddles won't survive, but hey - they're now satin! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Actually i think it would work out just fine. The fine tuners would become satin brass though.

/Henrik
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

About the bar: you can buy a new collar receptable "kit" made by Schaller i think, that might fit your Kelly. Ready to receive an OFR or Schaller bar. Here's a photo:

/Henrik
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

The licencesed Jackson trem is probably the JT580LP. They are notorious for having loose bars. Some people use teflon plumbers tape (or even dental floss!), winding it around the bar to snug it up. Try it and see if it works for you. Other than that, I would try the Schaller kit, as Jackson1 suggested.

Comment

neatoooooo
            thanks guys

Comment

YAWN. [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] There's about 1000 posts on this subject. Do you read or just post here? Is the search function not working? [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ouch, toejam. Who peed in your rice krispies? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                  YAWN. [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] There's about 1000 posts on this subject. Do you read or just post here? Is the search function not working? [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">dont reply to my threads then. why dont we just take the entire board down and use it as a reference site instead of a message forum.

im not about to sift through 999999999 posts when i search for "jackson tremelo bar"

Comment

Originally posted by PallarAndersVisa:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by toejam:
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">dont reply to my threads then. why dont we just take the entire board down and use it as a reference site instead of a message forum.

im not about to sift through 999999999 posts when i search for "jackson tremelo bar"
                    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, and half the time you reply to a thread, it's just pointless, annoying crap. Quite a few members have been irritated by you. Learn to use the search function instead and search through the posts.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X