Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know this has probley been asked before but.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know this has probley been asked before but.....

I've never heard of that being done before, but that is the coolest idea I think I've ever heard! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] It's great if you don't ever use the two pickups together. Not sure how exactly you'd wire it, though.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: I know this has probley been asked before but.....

just a guess, but if you look at the switch, you've got the two middle terminals wired together. i'm assuming that's what makes the middle position work. i'd desolder that joint and separate them from each other, and solder them to their mates on each side...if that makes sense.

here's a better analogy. with your hand, make the "west side" gesture... c'mon, no one will call you a wigger. anyway, that's how your switch should be wired. what you want to do is separate the connection between what your middle and ring fingers, and then solder them to the index and pinky fingers. ...yes, your actual fingers! so, when finished, your switch will go from sayin "wesssst siiide" to "nanu nanu"

sully

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:

here's a better analogy. with your hand, make the "west side" gesture... c'mon, no one will call you a wigger. anyway, that's how your switch should be wired. what you want to do is separate the connection between what your middle and ring fingers, and then solder them to the index and pinky fingers. ...yes, your actual fingers! so, when finished, your switch will go from sayin "wesssst siiide" to "nanu nanu"

sully

sully
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">lmao! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

That is sheer brilliance! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

OK, how many of you actually held your hand up and did the signs as a visual aid while reading sully's post? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I know this has probley been asked before but.....

All my 7 string guitars have EMG 707's in them and i want on the pickup switch to where when it is on both pickups ( middle selection ) for it to be a kill switch so there is no volume , is it possible ?? . I want it because when i play gigs and sing at the same time , its hard to cut the volume down when singing still.

Comment

i guess its possible but i expect switching from bridge to neck PU with a killswitch in the inbetween mode to create some nasty sounds

Comment

Yes, it's 100% possible, cause i screw up my wiring before and there was not signer on the in between position.

Fong

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
                just a guess, but if you look at the switch, you've got the two middle terminals wired together. i'm assuming that's what makes the middle position work. i'd desolder that joint and separate them from each other, and solder them to their mates on each side...if that makes sense.

sully

sully
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Awsome , thank you , ill try that tomorrow and see if it works , thanks again [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                  OK, how many of you actually held your hand up and did the signs as a visual aid while reading sully's post? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I did, lol. I always say "Web site!" whenever I do the "W" though.

Comment

man, if that works, i'll have a wiring schematic named after me! i can see it now... "oh, you want sully's wicked cool westsiiiiide/mork and mindy switch conversion!"

nice.

sully
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

yeah, that's what they'll say...... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

so did it work?

sully
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Thanks sully, I'm in the hospital now, recovering from a gunshot wound. I guess I shouldn't have been wiring my guitar near a window in my hood.
                          When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Jees man! I dont even know you but I hope you get well soon!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't even know what the damn hand gesture looks like. Anyone wanna snap a photo of their hand doing the sign in question? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Man, shows how out-of-touch I am with that aspect of modern life. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X