Neck question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck question.

My 375 neck has a rather flat back. Did Char'Jack make any 22 fret necks that have a more traditional "D" or rounded neck? I have a beat-up JB Player that has a great rounded neck and I find I play that more.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Re: Neck question.

The model 1 thru 4 series necks are more "D" shaped and 22 frets.The 375 neck does it have dots or sharkies?I don't know if a model series necks have the same heel size as the 375-475 necks.I have a Chandler neck that is dead on a model neck but it is not a tight fit in my 475 neck pocket thats why I said that.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The neck has dots.

Comment

The neck-thru Model series had two different neck profiles (though, they were 24-fret models). The Model 5A and Model 6 that I had, they both were a little thin (not too thin) with the flat spot in the middle. I've heard other people say they were also made a little bit rounder. Not sure if they changed them for certain years or just mixed them up here and there.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Is there any problem with installing a 2 3/16ths neck on my 2 1/4 pocket if the neck screw holes line up with the body holes? I can live wth the little gaps on each side and could shim them.

Comment

Working...
          X