Jackson pots - 1/4" or 6mm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson pots - 1/4" or 6mm?

I need to order some dome knobs from StewMac. Do I need the 1/4" or the 6mm? If I knew what to measure I'd measure myself but its not clear.

Re: Jackson pots - 1/4" or 6mm?

Assuming you're needing the knobs for a Charvel/Jackson, the knobs Stew carries are not correct, and they look like crap. Go to allparts.com and order part # MK 0910-010 (010 is black, 003 chrome, 002 gold). They are absolute correct replacements.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

It depends on era your guitar was made. For a long time USA Jacksons had cheap import pots like Stew Mac sells with slightly smaller, metric sized pot shafts. In the 90's they switched to good quality CTS pots, so the knobs changed too as they needed a larger hole.

Comment

Mark & Jim, what knobs & tuners will fit on my KVX10?
        ie, I want to change the chrome parts for good black ones.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ron, all I can decode from KVX10 is that it is a King V. Sorry. I am not hip to the code names.

Comment

KVX10 are the newer import King V's right?

Comment

Yeah, Made In Japan, X series:

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...c;f=3;t=000783

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/g...o=KVX10_King_V
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Gotoh tuners should fit and for the knobs you will want the smaller size, or go with the full 1/4" size and bush them with tape so you are covered should you ever decide to replace the pots with CTS versions.

Comment

Goddamnnit. I ordered from StewMac, purely because the AllParts site is pathetic, and while what I got fits the pot, the knob doesn't look at all the same as the originals. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Now I just placed an order on the POS AllParts site. Hopefully this will be the right knob.

Comment

[img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] ARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

So the knobs I get from StewMac are crap. I finally get the ones I ordered from AllParts and they're the wrong finish!!

I ordered black knobs and they sent me chrome ones. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Before I send them back, does ANYBODY here have a black knob they can spare? I'll send you two brand new sealed chrome knobs in exchange.

Comment

Working...
                    X