anyone here use Duncan Distortion pair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone here use Duncan Distortion pair

As the title suggests, just wondering what people think of the Distortion sets. I absolutely love the Distortion as a bridge pickup and I recommend it to anyone looking for a great metal tone. How about the neck, though? I've heard some good things about them from the Duncan forum but I was wondering if anyone here had tried the set in any of their guitars.

Re: anyone here use Duncan Distortion pair

Never tried those, but I put two Invaders in my old Kelly. Talk about high gain and low end!!!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Please let me know how it sounds when you get it. I've been toying around with the idea of yanking the EMG 89s out of my 750xl and slapping in a pair of Distortions.

Comment

I will Travis.
        I've been thinking about 2 DDs for some time now.I nave an OLD JB in the neck and an OLD DD in the bridge of my 92 fusion H-H(mahogony) and it kicks ass to say the least but I'm waiting for an OLD DD to come thru on a pending deal.The older pickups just seem to me to have fatter tone IMO.
        The DD has such a clean tone for a distortion class pickup.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Never tried a DD in the neck.IMO it should sound great in the neck as well.Its my favorite bridge pickup for sure.I'm looking for another one for my fusion H-H so I can try it myself. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
          X