USA Jackson Truss rod questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Jackson Truss rod questions

I'm curious about something, today I went to do a neck adjustment on my Soloist. Things just can't be fucking easy at all, can they?

This, not the 1st problem I have had, is something I know can be easily fixed, however I wanted to see if there is an standard technique for it.

The truss rod nut is VERY loose, ONLY allowing for a TIGHTENING of the rod. If you go loose, the nut comes out.

I do, do tech work, and am very proficient, however this is something I've only heard about, and never had the displeasure of coming across.

Also, I heard how to do it on a BOLT ON, NOT a neck through, however it was like this.

Force the neck into a position, tighten the nut, and then adjust from there.

I'm not interested in doing it, until I hear more from EXPERIENCED people.

Thank you in advance!

Re: USA Jackson Truss rod questions

My SD Soloist has the truss rod all the way loose and still needs a little bow! (Damn weather changes) I'm just gonna throw some bigger strings on it,tune it high and let it sit. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Good luck.....

Comment

I'd rather keep the same guage strings [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Actually, I want to tune it another half step down, to just D standard, I can still do that with 9-46s without too much flop, but the damn truss rod won't let me adjust at Eb, let alone D.

Comment

I didn't mean to keep the strings on permanently, Just long enough to get a little bow back in the neck. Take the bigger strings off and tune it back down...

Comment

Let me see if I have this right.

Put big fuckers on it, and tune it high. Adjust the truss rod, (which would act like manually forcing the neck in place, then adjusting the rod), then put the regular ones on, and it should be able to adjusted fine?

Thanks!

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Ummm, there's a way to do it, but I don't know if I would reccomend you try it yourself. You can put bow into the neck, but it is really easy to damage your guitar. Dan ERlewine covers this repair in the Guitar Player Repair Guide.

Comment

Well, I guess that's the route it has to come to, because the neck is not playable from 8th fret to the 23rd fret in the lower strings, and the truss rod is loosened all the way.

Comment

Working...
                X