Trem cavity cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trem cavity cover

Speaking from my own experience, I remove the trem cover to gain access to the "claw" that holds the trem springs in the back. Moving the claw forward or back allows you to keep the bridge level to compensate for different tunings (E, Eb, D, etc.).

Once you've done it a few times, you get tired of taking out/replacing all those little trem cover screws, so you just leave the cover off. Then, over time, it often gets lost.

There is no sound advantage. Just laziness (leaving it off) and carelessness (losing it), I guess. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Trem cavity cover

I've always wondered why they weren't made with clips like a battery cover. Would be much more convenient.

Comment

Clips would probably loosen and rattle over time.

Comment

Some plastic covers have slots for access to the trem claw screws. A clip would be nice, but how would that work with aluminium?
        "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I have seperate guitars setup with alternate tunings so I've always kept the covers on. Thought may be people new something that I didn't. Thanks. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Trem cavity cover

I've noticed on a lot of used guitars being sold that the trem cavity cover on the back is missing. Do people remove this for a reason? Does it change the sound of the guitar? Just curious.

Comment

Working...
            X