Truss rod cover - on or off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truss rod cover - on or off

Do you guys keep the truss rod covers on all of your guitars on the guitar or off? I tend to keep mine off so adjustments are quick. What do you guys do?

Peter

Re: Truss rod cover - on or off

I normally leave mine on. It looks bad IMO with them off...the big gaping hole in the headstock.

Really, how often do you have to tweak the truss rod anyway??

Comment

I agree with LPC about leaving them on. I definitely think it looks better, particularly if the headstock is black or a darker color and the wood in the rod end area is unfinished.

That said, with some guitars, you don't have a choice, like those with bullet-style truss rods extending out from the end of the fingerboard. But then, I guess those axes wouldn't have a truss rod cover... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
      Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

I leave them off.

Comment

depends on the guitar, usually i take them off of a guitar when i get it since i use fairly large strings. but once it settles i put them back. i do have a mahogany necked guitar that need adjustment more often so i leave that one off.

Comment

I leave them off most of the time, but then it becomes a pain to find the right one when I go to put it back on and have 5 different ones to choose from and they're all different sizes [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

about 50-50... I like 'em on, but it's easier to give 'em a tweak if they are off [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] . I guess that's why they are off about half of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by LesPaulCustom:
                I normally leave mine on.
                Really, how often do you have to tweak the truss rod anyway??
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Same thing here.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                X