Reverb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverb

When someone refers to reverb or any effect sounding "wet", they just mean there's a lot of it. If you keep the effect low in sound level where it's just barely audible, it will be more of a dry sound. When you turn it up and saturate your sound with more of the effect, it's considered wet.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Reverb

Hi.

I saw one ad which is saying that reverb on the selling amp (JCM 800) isn't working anymore. Some day the seller found his amp wet below the speaker and then he noticed that his reverb is broken.

I've read somewhere that classical reverb works on liquid method. How true is that? If so, where's the tank fitted and how does it look? What sort of a liquid is in it? Is that the reason why some reverbs are called "wet"?

O bow before thee, helpers!

Comment

Re: Reverb

Something like this?

http://www.geocities.com/tel_ray/

The 'tank' in a typical reverb equipped amp is just a metal box that springs are stretched across. There is no liquid in it. However, there were some weirdo amps that had it. Check the link above.

Pete

Originally posted by Immortal:
      Hi.

I saw one ad which is saying that reverb on the selling amp (JCM 800) isn't working anymore. Some day the seller found his amp wet below the speaker and then he noticed that his reverb is broken.

I've read somewhere that classical reverb works on liquid method. How true is that? If so, where's the tank fitted and how does it look? What sort of a liquid is in it? Is that the reason why some reverbs are called "wet"?

O bow before thee, helpers!
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

I'm not certain if you are talking about a JCM head or a combo, but if it's a combo, then I believe that the reverb tank would be located on the inside bottom of the cabinet. A few amp builders have mounted spring reverb tanks on the vertical sides of the cab, but I think Marshall put them on the bottom. If that's the case and the amp you are talking about was "wet" along the bottom, then perhaps some moisture got into the tank and/or the circuit connections.

If that's the case, it should be fairly easy to procure an Accutronics reverb unit and replace the current one in the amp if it is indeed shot.
        Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Yes, it's JCM 800 4210 Combo.

Comment

Working...
          X