Jackson Concert V Active Pickups Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Concert V Active Pickups Question

I have these PJ Active Jackson pickup set, thing is, the circuit board causes a massive hum, I guess it's screwed. Anywhere I can get this part? Otherwise these pickups are useless ain't they? I don't use them in this bass anymore, I have EMG's in it now... I was going to sell them on ebay, but I can't really without a circuit board.

Actually, aren't these pickups just passive without the board? So I could just sell them as passives, right?

Comment

Originally posted by guitarnbass View Post
      Actually, aren't these pickups just passive without the board? So I could just sell them as passives, right?
      Yes. Jackson never made active pickups. They're all passive and can be used with active electronics.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Jackson and Actives

Question: My 1987 King-V custom has "tempramental" (sp?) actives. This thread is interesting to me. Are you saying that I have passive pickups with an active circuit board attached? Does this mean I can bypass the active circuitry and they are passive pickups?

D

Comment

I don't know how is it like on your custom but if they have an active/passive switch, yes. Other than that, like the stock pups and preamp used to be in my Concert V, you can't switch to passive.

Comment

Working...
          X