JT6 and JT-580lp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT6 and JT-580lp

I got JT6 in my Charvel Mod3. Should I change it for JT580? Fine-tuning a JT6 is a nightmare for my big hands and fingers and AFAIK fine-tuners are on top of the JT580, right? How about the quality of them, any differences?

Re: JT6 and JT-580lp

Why not go for an OFR while you're at it?

JT580LP = cheap metal that will wear out faster than an OFR, Trem arms that wiggle loose during play - and subtle palm muting made difficult due to the angled saddles (my opinion). They stay in tune well as long as they aren't exessively worn though.

Comment

How much an OFR cost in your country? They are pretty expensive back here in Finland...

Comment

Here in Sweden they go for around 2600 SEK and up (around 260 Euros). Yup, expensive they are. The Schaller Floyds command a marginally lower price. The difference in quality compared to the JT580LP is clearly noticable though.

I guess it comes down to how much you're willing to spend on the guitar.

What I did was look around a bit in music-oriented pawn-shops online. Also, some guitar gear collectors and techies continually sell off items that they replaced, so look for such web pages. I finally managed to get hold of a NOS Schaller Floyd. It was rather pricey (about 200 Euros with shipping, which is half of what I paid for the guitar), but I don't regret the purchase for a second. I also bought the EMG pickups I have in it through places like this.

Comment

Working...
        X