Dunlop Frets-6000 & 6100s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunlop Frets-6000 & 6100s?

I am starting to hear more and more about Dunlop 6000 size frets and they are suppose to be bigger than 6100s, so does the Jackson USA Soloists have 6000 or 6100s? Also, is the 6000s worht the extra size, because whatever the Soloists have they are big enough for me, perfect I may add [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I know people on the Carvin board are pushing for a 6000 option. Anything about the 2 in comparison or differences would be appreciated [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

Re: Dunlop Frets-6000 & 6100s?

My experiece with D-6000: I bought a used USA Rhoads with schaller & EMG's(hardshell case included) for less than 600 bucks! BUT ITS FRETS WERE FLAT! So it needed new ones. When a went to my techie's shop an asked for the bigest frets he sayed: 6000 are the ones(slightly wider than 6100, go check dumlops site). I was heasitating but THE MAN toldme I wouldn't be desappointed. Damm right! nice playing, minimal preasure(needed ro educate my left hand [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )=more relaxed play style= faster & clearer fingering (real confort for bending, sweepin & slidin) and if you thin slides woul be harder... WRONG. For example "Burn" (Deep Purple - main riff) chord slidin: never been so soft & easy.
    An aproach to scaloped feeling whithout messin the wood of fretboard!
    My advise: don`t be afraid. I'm really happy whith them. Experimentation with frets has a simple way back (refret) & Its the only way to learn: so I did!
    BTW, I live in Agerntina (southest south america) & I'm a sanish talker

Comment

sanish=spanish [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] (fu**ing office PC Keyboard!)

Comment

jack look into 6105, they are a C H smaller in height than the 6100/6000 but thinner. i think they work much better on shortscale guitars especially 24 freters.

Comment

I agree with Jamie. 6105's are outstanding.

Comment

I concur with the masses!!
            Dunlop 6105's are the most steallar frets IMO!!

I love em!!

I recently refretted a vintage LP Custom with them and the customer was exstatic!!!

Comment

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I have tried 6105s, and they are a little small. I love Jumbos 6100s, but have never tried 600s, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379:
                look into 6105, they are a C H smaller
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Are we talking trimmed or '70s bush? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Re: Dunlop Frets-6000 &amp; 6100s?

I have refretted two of my guitars with Dunlop 6000's. A Strat & Ibanez RG 550. I can't tell much of a difference between 6100's or 6000's. It's real close. But since I like big frets I just opt for the biggest.

Comment

Originally posted by Demon:
                    I have refretted two of my guitars with Dunlop 6000's. A Strat & Ibanez RG 550. I can't tell much of a difference between 6100's or 6000's. It's real close. But since I like big frets I just opt for the biggest.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's the fu**ing point! IF YOU WANT BIG FRETS; DON'T HESITATE TO PUT THE BIGGEST!

Comment

I may have my Hamer Chapp Custom refretted from the medium frets they were made with to 6000s or 6100s, decisions-decisions [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Working...
                      X