New dimarzios for my dk-1...suggestions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New dimarzios for my dk-1...suggestions please

I just got my dk-1 dinky a few weeks back, stock with emg's. However, at first when i started playing guitar, i thought that there was no better sound than an emg pickup [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] but now im taking more of a liking to passives. especially dimarzios. I need a good pickup combo thats going to give me a good metal rythm and lead tones on the bridge when i want, but then also some nice clear and non muddy sounds for leads out of the neck. Here are some combos ive been thinking about...

combo 1-
    Neck- Air Norton Or PAF pro
    Bridge- Steves special

Combo 2-
    n- evolution or PAF pro
    B- Super distortion

Has anyone ever used these through a dinky or similar body guitar? Tell me whatever other oppinions you have, thanks guys. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: New dimarzios for my dk-1...suggestions please

Super Distortion and PAF Pro are a nice combo...I also don't care for EMG's and prefer passive mid output pickups
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

n - air norton + b - steve´s special = john petrucci [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

i ordered an air norton for the neckposition in dinky, but i didn´t get it yet. in bridge i use the steve´s special.

in my soloist archtop i use the evolution in neck and bridge position. very nice sound.
      a lot of harmonics everywhere on the fretboard and a very glassy cleansound in split position.

a pickup i like alot in bridgeposition is the "tonezone". i put it in my SDI reissue and the TZ was stock on the SDIII reissue. very good pup with much output and a clear tone with many harmonics.

if you want some soundfiles, i could record some for you.

Comment

That would be awesome, can you?

Comment

samples are ready! tell me your emailcontact.

Comment

Well, thats where theres a problem. I only have hotmail which kind of limits the amount i could recieve in an email. Any other people here who could take his sound samples and send to me thru aim? or possibly has webspace?

Comment

may be i could upload it tomorrow to the webspace of our band. i´ll get back to you! stay tune.

Comment

I just posted something similar in a different post, but I've got a DiMarzio Norton in a '89 Dinky Custom Shop that I really like. That pickup was recommended by Steve Blucher himself for my guitar and I've been very pleased with it. The Norton isn't the hottest humbucker, but it's got good ouput and a great sound, especially with some gain dialed up on the amps. I hate to give you another option to consider, but you might think about it anyways. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

some luck! there was enough webspace left on my server!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  you got a p.m. with the links.

[ May 16, 2004, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: joe web ]

Comment

Hey Sixstringsuicide, if you take your EMGs out, can I buy the 85 off you? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i can do this, but don´t expect too much of the sound.

here is the setup:
                      guitars via cable -> marshall silver jubilee 2550 (50 watt) -> 1x12er celestion heritage speaker

i must record it with my cheesy computer microphone, but you will hear the differences.
                      when everything is done, i´ll let you know.

Comment

I must admit that I've been tempted to do the same with my DK1. Not an EMG fan, either. They're OK. Not bad, mind you. But not "all that", either. I'd prefer passives.

...Can't bring myself to mod' a NAMM guitar, though. That and I'm lazy. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Let us know how you like the new combo, whatever it turns out to be. Personally, I'd go with a Super3 (B) and PAF Pro (N).

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon:
                          I must admit that I've been tempted to do the same with my DK1. Not an EMG fan, either. They're OK. Not bad, mind you. But not "all that", either. I'd prefer passives.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you decide to get rid of yours, I'd be willing to buy your 85, also. I need two. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

toejam, ill send you a pm. cant conduct business here. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

oh woops toejam, that message wasnt directed towards me...oops. well if your interested just p me back. :-D

Comment

Working...
                              X