New RS kit install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New RS kit install

Just installed a new rsguitarworks pot upgrade kit in my 92 Dinky XL.
    RS/CTS 531k super pot(vol) RS/CTS 480k tone pot and the new RS guitarcap.
    The new caps just came in Friday so I had to try it.
    The new kit removed all the chatter I was getting with the CE pots and older Hovland cap.
    The cleans are vibrant and very shimmery.The stock J200Vs singles and JH-2 hum sound crystal clear and the string definition outstanding.Under high gain the pickups still have a very clear tone.When overdriven these pickups have some serious harmonics.This new cap is a lot better than the Hovlands they were offering.These don't choke the pickups at all even with heavy overdrive.
    Very smooth taper to the pots and tons of control over useable tones.
    I have used the super pots ever since they came out and the quality of these pots are second to none.
    Last edited by straycat; 08-04-2007, 09:13 PM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Straycat, thanks for the report. I received the emails from RS that they were in. Now, I have to figure out which guitars I'm going to do the first install on.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

My only gripe with the Hovlands is that they were huge and hard to fit in the cavity.The new RSguitarcap is smaller which works out well for tight spaces.
      I know some cant tell the difference in caps but I sure can.I like Mallory and Jensen caps a lot if I'm going for a more 50s vintage tone.
      The new RS guitarcap works great in my dinkyXL, after some play time I had to re-tweak my pickups to compensate for the new kit.
      A huge improvement in tone and clarity over the CE pots and Hovland cap.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
      X